#Thanksgiving is a time for family, gratitude, and, of course, food. The typical holiday meal can have more than 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat, according to the Caloric Control Council. That's almost three days worth of food for most of us! So Thanksgiving is all about overtreating yourself. We need to alter the tradition this year to be healthy. Fortunately, it is possible to eat right and still enjoy yourself on Turkey Day!
· Use brussel sprouts with chestnut and sage
· Opt for mushroom stuffing over cornbread stuffing
· Relish creamed onion with low fat milk to make white sauce
· Chose sweet potatoes instead of simple potatoes. Potatoes are high in calories and fat when made traditionally. Unlike Potatoes, sweet potatoes are far easy to roast than boil and mash. Glaze with maple syrup to enhance the flavor. Sweet potatoes are good source of beta carotene, vitamin A and potassium.
· Be flexible to make apple shallot roasted turkey with cider gravy. Apple and shallot cook inside the turkey to keep the meat moist and add rich flavor and aroma. The shallots also give the gravy a rich caramelized onion depth
· Instead of Pumpkin pie, make pumpkin mousse
· Turn to French beans as side dish
· Chose red wine or white wine in drinks. Red wine contains resveratrol, a healthy antioxidant.
· In turkey, chose skinless breast over thighs.
But amongst all these the two most important things are:
· Work out more than you usually do
· Pitch in to guests’ house after dining at your own house. That’s the best way to show gratitude to your guests.
If you are really thankful what do you do? You share .. you share your hapiness and positivity. So being healthy is also to be shared this Year in Thanksgiving. Let transform the day from overtreating ourselves to adequately treating ourselves and help others follow the same.
Good Health and Diet always go hand in hand. Healthy diet is a solution to all health issues. For any further assistance kindly register in http://360degreenutricare.zest.md/ and also visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/360degreenutricare/ to stay updated regarding all Health tips. Make a resolution today and hasten your decision to enter into a whole new world of Health & Nutrition.